Most people are busy shopping for the perfect Christmas gift. Oprah has published her list of Favorite Things to help spark gift giving ideas. I want the Appalachia scented candle by Village Common to remind me of our family vacation this summer to Virginia, but at $52 I must decline. And what woman on your list wouldn’t love Barefoot Dreams Bamboo Chic Lite Pants? I can’t justify $106 for lounge pants. When I win the lottery, everyone will receive gifts from Oprah’s list of favorite things. In the meantime, I am forced to create my own list of Favorite Things.
Since Baby Bear was born 10 weeks early this August, I spend hours in the NICU holding him and shopping online. I embraced the moment to jumpstart my Christmas shopping. The presents are already beautifully wrapped under the tree. If you aren’t an over-achiever like me, don’t worry, I am here to help with my own list of Favorite Things that won’t break the bank.
Rae and Rose’s List of Favorite Things
- Oh! Susannah’s Pillow Cases are whimsical and fun. Shop the kid and dorm room sections for single pillow cases. The couples pillowcases are great for your best friend that already has everything she needs.
I am in love with the small initial necklace by 39 North Jewelry. The font of the initial is modern and feminine without being cutesy. I think this necklace is perfect for young girls and women who are young at heart.
- Happy Shoe Day has the latest trends in shoes at reasonable prices. Grab a pair for your bestie, sister, and don’t forget yourself. If you’re wondering, I’m a size 8.
- Personalized keychains make a wonderful gift or stocking stuffer for grandparents. For a grandma with many young-ins, visit Metal Expressions. Additional washers can be purchased when new grandbabies arrive. Grandpa the fisher may enjoy a keychain highlighting his school of fish by ToshieDesigns.
- Need a unique gift for the sports fan in your life? Check out the print art by Industrial Age. R2-D2 decked out in his favorite team’s colors or maybe a Lego man wearing his favorite baseball jersey. Combine this affordable print with a clean frame and matte from Hobby Lobby for a top-notch man cave gift that won’t break the bank. Note- they accept custom orders.
- Little girls and teens alike will go crazy for Colorme temporary hair color wands. Search Amazon, or your local hair salon, to find a variety of colors available under $10. I can attest that the purple looks beautiful on dark hair.
- Don’t forget to order a custom vinyl decal for the Yeti or S’ip on everyone’s list. Etsy has many options. Your friendly Silhouette owner may also be willing to prepare a monogram in return for a Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte.
Happy shopping and Merry Christmas!