I’m still in shock that we successfully did this. I consider the fair a success because we met our main objective: to learn. Selling our creations was an added bonus. Mrs. Keto only had to tell me three times to chill out and have fun. I finally did both.
- Practicing the set-up of the booth in advance makes the actual booth set-up a breeze
- Investing in a dolly (or a flat bed cart) would be beneficial
- Wi-fi is not reliable; having a phone to process Square credit card purchases over $100 is a necessity
- $25 in ones and $25 in fives was the right amount of change for our items. Rae only carried a small amount of coin in her fanny pack at a time (since it is so heavy). Coin was required since we collected sales tax.
- I forgot to get shopping bags and I told myself it was okay, but then customers asked for them. Gosh darn it, I knew I needed them.
- A customer suggested we provide cutting board care instructions. Genius. Why didn’t I think of that?
Now for the part that people really want to read; who won the give-away! Background story: On Friday, Sassy J suggested we offer a raffle. Umm, yeah, I’ll get right on that in my spare time. Well, I mentioned it to Mrs. Keto and she did get right on it. Thank you to our new followers who liked us on Facebook. The winner is Jennifer Elliott Osborne. Jennifer won a black walnut meat and cheese serving board.
What’s next for Rae and Rose? We will continue to blog about our adventures in rustic and refined home décor. At dinner last night, we discussed signing up for a spring show. Stay tuned….